Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 8--Milan, solo trip

On the 7th, Susan and I left Venice. She met Tim with our luggage in Verona (thanks, Tim!) and went to Trento where we would be spending the next week. I went on to Milan to Meet Jocelyn, who was flying in to join us for the rest of our stay.

I had been in Milan once before, but I took the day to wander around and reacquaint myself with the city core before meeting Jocelyn the next day. The Milan Duomo is the most elaborate of all the Italian cathedrals. To me it look like something that ought to be made out of glass, but it's marble.

Here are some pictures from the day I spent in Milan.

Some of the Cathedral.










The other big site at the center of the city is Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, an indoor shopping mall with the toniest of tony shops.





Obviously I was more interested in the architecture than the shops.

No comments: