Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Real Villain Behind Our New Gilded Age

The absolute best analysis of our current economic situation that I have read lately. Some good advice, but are the people who could do something about it already in the pockets of the new robber barons?

On a personal note I found this passage relevant to my own situation:

"And regulators need to get more aggressive with tech monopolies and stop them from absorbing innovative rivals. Facebook’s market power is what makes scandals like Cambridge Analytica possible. Senator Lindsey Graham nailed it with a question that Mark Zuckerberg could not answer: “If I buy a Ford, and it doesn’t work well, and I don’t like it, I can buy a Chevy. If I’m upset with Facebook, what’s the equivalent product that I can go sign up for?”"

The Real Villain Behind Our New Gilded Age

No comments: