Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Time..

for those people who don't have a dog in the fight to get out of the way and listen to those who do. Stephen Suh's extrapolation of Admiral Mullen's comments on DADT are priceless. One more example of how weak our current crop of senators really is.

Stephen Suh:

This statement was the best of Mullen's testimony:

One final word. And with all due respect, Mr. Chairman and Senator McCain, it is true that, as Chairman, I am not in charge of troops. But I have commanded three ships, a carrier battle group and two fleets. And I was most recently a Service Chief myself. For more than 40 years I have made decisions that affected and even risked the lives of young men and women.

What was left unsaid, but was clear to everyone but probably John McCain himself, was

You sniveling little weasel, I didn't get a free pass from the Naval Academy because of my daddy, I didn't get to fly planes because of my daddy, and I certainly didn't get to keep flying planes after wrecking every goddamned one of them because of my daddy. You've never been a real soldier in all the years of your miserable life, so why don' t you shut up and let us do our jobs, hmm?

No comments: