Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Day in Scotland

We've made it OK so far. We had a little scare when our flight from Austin was delayed just over two hours, but we had a pretty good layover in Newark, so we made our flight to Edinburgh with time to spare. I had a little mishap at the airport--I left a carryon in baggage claim. Because it was behind security, I had to wait almost an hour for the airline to bring it out.

We were wiped when we got to the hotel, but our room wasn't ready (after all it wasn't noon yet). So we got a bite to eat and went for a walk, then took a nap. It's not yet 9, but I'll be in bed as soon as I finish this.
Here are a few pictures from today.

Our hotel.



This is a golf resort (we don't plan to play).







There's an old church and graveyard nearby.





Tomorrow we're going in to Edinburgh to see some of the city.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: