Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nobody Goes to Jail (Adult Content)

I always enjoy Matt Taibbi, even when he's sometimes over the top (he's not this time). I get really outraged whenever I think about how Wall Street CEO and their minions have escaped any but the most "slap-on-the-wrist" punishment over their roles in the financial crisis and subsequent recession. They took deregulation and lax regulation and made literal fortunes while ordinary people are struggling through the worst times since the Great Depression. The best line in the article is one I wholeheartedly agree with:

"You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street," says a former congressional aide. "That's all it would take. Just once."

If you read the rest of the article, prepared to become incensed.

No comments: