Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Additional Thoughts on Obama's "Failure"

Sorry, but I can't seem to leave this topic alone. Further thought suggests to me that the real issue is something that I've posted about before, but maybe not in this context. Perhaps Obama's approach to the stimulus bill was one of attempting the bipartisan cooperation he promised during the campaign. Was it a surprise that the Republicans in Congress had a different definition of bipartisanship--agree to my proposals or I'll obstruct any proposal you put forward? Maybe it shouldn't have been. Obama's mistake was not calling them out. The Republican leadership is a bunch of back-stabbing scum who will tell any lie to attack Obama. We know that now. I hope Obama takes a different tack in the future. The unfortunate part of this is that the Democrats will probably lose the House, so things are likely to be worse with the Republicans in power there.

No comments: