Saturday, December 29, 2007

Update on Retirement--Christmas 2007

Christmas week is now over. We had a great time. My mom and sister came to visit and our cousins Ron and Jo Ann were here along with their son Bryan, who flew in from SF. Added to that was the first Christmas for Chris, Tim and Maya together. Tim cooked a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner for all of us and then we regrouped for Christmas dinner at our place. We have to figure out something different next year--too much food over too short a time. The only disappointment was that our son and his family were in Chicago rather than here. It's the first time in nine years we haven't celebrated Christmas with them.

We looked at options for my mom when she moves here next year. We found some good choices here in Sun City. We are going to continue scouting things with a view towards making a final decision in February. We are so happy that she has decided to join us in Texas.

I'm still enjoying retirement, probably more each day. Here are a couple of pictures showing how I spend my time--napping with my granddaughter and my puppy.



No comments: